Fine White Powder
25 Kg Bag
Maltodextrin is a type of carbohydrate that is commonly used as a food ingredient. It is made from corn, potatoes, or rice and is processed to break down the starch into smaller, soluble molecules. It is a white, tasteless powder that is easily digestible and has a high glycemic index, which means it is quickly broken down into glucose in the body and can cause a rapid increase in blood sugar levels. It is often used as a thickener, filler, or sweetener in processed foods and a carbohydrate source for sports supplements and energy drinks.
The manufacturing process of maltodextrin typically involves the following steps:
1. Raw Material Preparation: The starting material, usually corn, potatoes, or rice, is cleaned and prepared for processing.
2. Starch Hydrolysis: The starch is treated with enzymes or acids to break down the long chain of glucose molecules into shorter chains.
3. Filtering and Concentration: The resulting solution is then filtered to remove impurities, and the concentration of maltodextrin is increased through evaporation or spray drying.
4. Drying and Grinding: The concentrated maltodextrin solution is dried to remove any remaining moisture and ground into a fine powder.
5. Quality Control: The final product is tested for quality and purity and is packaged for distribution.
Maltodextrin is used as a thickener, filler, or texturizer in processed foods due to its ability to absorb water and increase the viscosity of liquids.
It is used as a carbohydrate source in sports supplements and energy drinks to provide a quick burst of energy.It is used in some baked goods to provide bulk and improve texture. It is also used as a filler or coating in some candies and confectionery products to improve texture and provide sweetness.
Maltodextrin is used as a filler in some pharmaceutical products, including capsules and tablets.
Maltodextrin is used as a substrate for microbial fermentation in the production of food ingredients, such as citric acid and lactic acid.